Most Misleading Gimmicks -
- Multiple Collimator:-95% and above customer never use this function. Why pay for function that users dont use.
- Large Collimator or Scanning area:-Large collimator does not mean you get melting value as claimed by some companies. Rather it fails penetration of sample, it shows poor repeatability with jewellery samples, User cannot test small solder spots which is necessary to test some special jewellery samples, Large Collimator or Large Scanning area is a NON-STANDARD design & Does not Guarantee you melting result of samples.
- Top to Down Xray source:-Has no relevance in providing accurate results as claimed by their manufacturers. Has no relevance to Gold industry infact they are suitable for Non - Jewellery applications only. Top to Down source based instrument means User needs to deal with frustrating stage adjustment, its failure to test flatter surface (which is the thumb rule in XRF based Gold tester). All this plus long time to set the sample is a big waste of time.
- High Price means Better product:-Investigation might take a little time, but customers need to study 3 mains things – Results, Reliability & Service Support. If you get all of this, Then compare Price.
Most Companies cant even justify why they sell their gold testers for Exorbitant & higher Prices. So its easy for them to say, That high price means good product & Right / Low Price means your buying wrong product. Don't get mislead.
Instead talk to the Customers / Users about all major Questions – Quality of Product, Accuracy in Results, After Sales Support & Then you decide Your Purchase. Some Salesman misleading you "High price product means better product". Be Smart & Alert Dont get Mislead by companies who sell at high price, they really cant justify their price.
- Am Old, So Am Right!:- You must know that Old companies does not mean they are right always. But New Companies rather who work more enthusiastically will hear you better and serve you better. And in order to make inroads such companies would love to Impress customers and hence provide better support.