With advancements in marketing techniques businesses realize the importance of branding and are investing in laser marking machines.
In this modern age, laser marking has become quite vital for a lot of manufacturing companies, and its demand is increasing rapidly. It is not only used in industrial operations, but it can also be used for other things like gift marking etc.
LASER is an acronym that stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. A laser beam starts as an atom that is stimulated to emit light particles. This light can be focused and guided at a laser marking location. The amount of energy emitted is estimated in wavelengths or nanometers. The longer the wavelength, the stronger the laser beam.
In this blog you would get an overview of what is Laser Marking and how small business would be beneficial by this and also new technology in this sector.
WHAT IS LASER MARKING
In the most basic form, laser marking is a permanent technique that uses a directed beam of light to leave a permanent mark on a surface. Laser labelling covers a broad range of uses and is typically done with a fibre, pulsed, continuous wave, green, or UV laser unit. Steel, titanium, aluminium, copper, ceramic, plastic, glass, wood, paper, and cardboard can all be laser marked and processed at high speeds, leaving permanent traceability marks. Text machine-readable data, such as barcodes, Unique ID codes, and 2D Data Matrix codes or graphics, can be applied to parts and products.
HOW DOES LASER MARKING WORK?
Laser marking works by marking the surface of a substance with a directed beam of light. As the beam interacts with the surface of the object, it changes its properties and appearance. This focused beam only focuses on a specific region, allowing the laser marking system to produce accurate, high-quality, high-contrast marks that are easy to read or scan on surface.
What is the procedure?
But, now that you've learned a little bit more about the procedure and what it's used for, let's have a look at how laser marking works. It is critical to remember at the outset that this is a high-speed, high-precision operation. It performs easily, efficiently, and reliably, leaving a high-quality label on the content it is dealing with. Since laser marking is done without any touch, it can be done on flat surfaces, lightweight fabrics, or even complicated shapes. To laser label, one focuses a directed laser beam onto the surface of the material being worked with, and the heat generated by the beam creates a contrast between the affected region and the surrounding material. The beam essentially oxidises the region under the surface of the area it is targeting, forcing it to change colour. The majority of marks will turn black, but certain textures will change colour. The fact that the surface layer of a substance, as well as the material itself, is not compromised or rendered uneven is a major draw for this method. The labelling technique, also known as laser coloration, is often used for bar codes, QR codes, badges, and other forms of identifying markings. Although laser engraving may be used where the identifying mark needs to be deeper, engraving is most often used for personalisation and customization.
4 WAYS LASER MARKING MACHINE CAN BE A BOOM FOR SMALL BUSINESS
Manufacturers may benefit from the laser marking process in a variety of ways, including simple component recognition and branding as well as full traceability to trace items from beginning to end. It produces long-lasting, readable markings.
- Superior Consistency : One of the most significant advantages of laser marking is the ability to brand the items with high-quality markings. Spending money on a laser marking machine is a big decision, and when you make that kind of investment, you want to see results. Since the laser marking machine's beam is computer-driven, each mark it prints would be accurate. It can also print intricate patterns and engrave them for you, which would be impossible for traditional methods. You can also print small text on your products or machines that is still readable.
- Competitive Advantage : Another advantage of laser engraving is that it will help you bring distinctiveness to your brand. In today's market, rivalry is fierce, and if you wish to stay competitive, you must achieve an advantage over your rivals. Laser machines encourage you to be imaginative with your engravings and make your logo look appealing, which will bring more quality to your product.
- Timely Engraving : The laser engraving process is fast and can save you a lot of time. Traditional engraving techniques necessitate the use of a particular range of instruments as well as extreme caution, which can be time-consuming. Laser engraving, on the other hand, requires only an order to complete the task without any delays or waste of time.
- Precision: If you intend to engrave costly goods or devices, you must proceed with caution. Only one little error, and the whole product will be ruined, which no one likes. You don't have to think about all of that with laser printing. The engravings will be accurate, and there will be no risk of product harm.
NEW TECHNIQUES IN LASER MARKING TECHNOLOGY
When it comes to labeling metals and plastics, the options are endless. You can also use the MOPA laser to produce higher-contrast and more legible effects on plastics, label (anodized) aluminium in black, and create reproducible colours on steel. Furthermore, the MOPA laser can generate qualitatively similar marks partially faster than the traditional fibre laser.
The company who holds great market share in MOPA laser marking technology is MAXSELL LASER MARKING SYSTEM - MOPA lasers. Maxsell has various products in laser marking like Enclosed fibre marking machine , Maxsell laser marking machine - fast and economical . It is for blackish finish,
Maxsell laser marking machine Manufacturer - Enclosed fibre laser marking system that is both fast and cost-effective, all-in-one laser marking system for deep engraving, cutting, and marking on metals and non-metals . It is a quick and affordable laser engraving machine for commercial use, as well as a laser marker for all metals and selected non-metals. It has impact frequency of 1-1000 Khz
BENEFITS OF MAXSELL LASER MARKING SYSTEM – MOPA LASER
- Less burning/melting at the metal engraving's edge
- ess heat formation during annealing marks on metal, resulting in improved corrosion behavior
- Anodized aluminium with a black branding
- Plastics melting under controlled conditions
- Plastics produce less foam.
They can be used in various industry lines like Translucent plastic key, integrated circuit (IC), digital product pieces, precision machinery, clothing, sanitary ware, measuring and cutting tool, cell communication devices, automotive and motorcycle accessories, plastic products, medical device, construction material and tubing, and so on. It helps in making your LED and CFL lamps look sleek by adding your company name, specifications, or important details such as a barcode or QR code, logo, serial number, date, specification, tracking information, or something else you want. Because of its outstanding beam quality, it can also mark on metal surfaces and various non-metal type materials.
Laser marking is indeed a critical procedure and involves a lot of precision but this can be a great tool for small business in various industries which can be boom to the market.